Shrungagiri Shanmukha Temple

Shanmukha temple

I was very lazy on this Saturday morning as I got up very late.  After finishing all of my household chores I thought to visit some temple and then started from home heading towards Shanmukha temple which is on hilltop and can be seen from around 2-3 Km.  This temple is located in BEML layout, Rajarajeshwari Nagar – Bangalore.

Panchamukhi Ganesh At the bottom of the hill a beautiful “Panchmukhi Ganesha” (five-headed) is installed in a small shrine and each of his faces can be seen from small windows kept round the shrine.  I bowed down to Ganesha and went to see Lord Shanmukha temple on hilltop.

Shanmukha temple

As you can see in the above picture, temple is constructed with Lord’s six faces on the top.  This temple is definitely a beautiful place to visit.

For more information about the temple please visit: Shanmukha Temple Website

Temple timings: Morning 6:30 to 12:30 and Evening 4:30 to 9:00

How to reach:

By Bus:  Reach AGS layout (Ittumadu) 45 series busses.  From here you can see the temple, very nearby 10 min walk.

By vehicle:  This temple is nearby AGS layout (Ittumadu) and also it is very near to the “Kengeri to Uttarahalli” road.

This entry was posted in Kanrataka, Places in and around Bangalore, Temples and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Shrungagiri Shanmukha Temple

1. Mohan says:

Have seen this place from a distance while traveling through that area, I will make it a point to visit next time :) thanks for the additional info you have provided.

2. Rajeswari says:

I just happened to see ur blog yesterday when I was searching for temples in raja rajeswainagar and I learnt about the temple from your blog. I visited the temple yesterday and I really discovered a nice place … thanks for the post:)

• From outside it does not look that great as the temple construction is still in progress but the sanctum sanctorum and idol of the deity are awesome and it is built completely in stone with lot of carvings. I asked one of the sculptors near the temple and he said it requires another 10 years to complete the entire construction.

3. R.Ezhumalai says:

I am R.Ezhumalai, 07-07-2012 visited the shanmuga temple, realy it was good place, my kids are enjoing like anything thank you sir for your valuable information

4. raman iyer says:

last evening i had a chance to visit this temple. Really beautiful. aum shanmugaya namaha

5. VS.Karthi says:

wonderful creations of Chevalier Dr. R. Arunachalam, it becomes world tourism attractions too. The scientific approaches such as elevation, aero dynamic structures, calculating wind power, natural resources like wind, sun light are properly utilised in the temple structure. Hats off to Chevalier Dr. R. Arunachalam. Every one should visit the temple for its divine power of Lord Shanmuka.

6. sunith says:

Can we take pics in the temple premises?