Gangamma Devi Temple – Malleswaram

Gangamma Devi - Malleswaram

In India God is worshipped in different forms and lot of saints including Shri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa worshipped the God in the form of mother.  Just thinking of mother and her affection is beautiful.  Depending on the human nature one can worship either ferocious aspect of Goddess such as Kali, Smashana Tara or any of the soft form of mother such as Lalitha Tripurasundari.

Gangamma Devi - Malleswaram

Gangamma Devi is one of the widely worshipped form of mother Goddess throughout India.  In Bangalore Gangamma Devi temple can be located in 15th cross Malleswaram.   In this temple, various types of worship are conducted on special days like on full moon day (Pournima) and New moon day (Amavasya) Durga Homa and Shri Satyanarayana pooja are conducted.  On Sankashta Chaturthi evening God Ganapathi is worshipped with special “Abhisheka” (bathing the God with water, milk or Panchamrutha) and alankara (decoration with flowers and other things such as butter).  On the morning of Krittika Nakshatra, special pooja of Shri Subramanya swamy is conducted with Abhisheka and flower decoration.

Devotees can also request temple authority to conduct Durga homam, Chandi Parayana, Kshirabhisheka and Panchamrutha to Gangamma Devi, special flower decoration, Chandi homam, Ganapathi homam, Navagraha homam, Mrityunjaya homam, Dhanvantari homam, and Ayush Shanti homam.  For all of the above special pooja devotees need to contact office of the temple.

Gangamma Devi - Malleswaram          Above is the picture of a beautiful Idol of Gangamma Devi at Malleswaram temple that is worshipped during annual celebrations (utsava moorthi).  Below is the picture of the Goddess kept inside a small chariot and this looks magnificent during the evening hours.

Gangamma Devi - Malleswaram

Temple timings:  Morning – 7:00 to 12:00 and Evening – 5:00 to 8:45

Contact number: 080-23568943

How to reach:  From Majestic catch busses going towards Yeshwanthpur and get down at Malleswaram 15th cross.

This entry was posted in Kanrataka, Places in and around Bangalore, Temples and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

80 Responses to Gangamma Devi Temple – Malleswaram

1. pravin says:

Informative blog having nice photos. All the best!

2. Satish M S says:

Namaste,

May I request for the telephone number please.

Am originally from Bangalore. I live abroad and my marriage is not settled. I need help please.

I really appreciate your help.

Satish M S

3. LAKSHMI says:

it is very nice picture & i want to visit with my daughter & pray for her education
    kindly let me know the contact number to take appointment & for seva

4. Divya says:

Nice pictures!! thank you

5. ANAND.G says:

Hi I recently saw a program on TV about this temple where It was relayed about different experiences for people who are staying around the temple and there was an evidence of a small kid who was dumb by birth and started talking after 8 weeks of praying this Goddess.. This temple is famous for the marriages of unmarried women….

We all should be grateful for having this Temple so close to us in Bangalore :)
    Regards
    Anand.G

• Hi Anand,

Even when I visited this temple, I also didn’t know that this temple is so powerful but definitely Deity of this temple is so beautiful and also the location. Hence, I wrote about this but when I saw this on TV9 only I realized that “Gangamma” is so graceful and helps her devotees.

6. chandana says:

i want to no which farviot pooj

Regards
    chandana

7. M Sudhir Kumar says:

Nameste, I live in Visakhapatnam and I am working in Bangalore. My marriage is not settled since 2 years. I want to perform some puja in ‘Gangamma’ Temple. I need your help and advise.

8. D.R.CHANDRASHEKAR says:

My daughter namely Bhavyashree.c had got Amma now recovering i want to do common Abhisheka on sunday can you help in this regard what is charges and timings

Kindly do the needful

thanks
    CHANDRASHEKAR

9. LAKSHMI says:

i prayed for 3 reason
    1. my husband got pramotion
    2.my compnay gor very old collection payment
    3.my brother got best award & my daughter got concentration on studies

so mother gangamma helped me & solved please all of u visit & solve problems get peace & help temple what ever possible

• LAKSHMI says:

FROM : LAKSHMI MANJUNATH
      HANUMANTHNAGAR

PLEASE VISIT WITH FAITH & MOTHER GANGAMMA WILL FULFILL OUR REQUEST

WE TOOK CAR BECAUSE OF MOTHER GANGAMMA & I AM HAPPY IN ALL RESPECT

I WANT EVERY ONE TO COME UP & GET PEACE & FULL FILL YOUR WISHES

THE DAY YOU WILL ENTER THERE WILL BE CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE PLEASE VISIT & SEE

• arun says:

hi lakshmi madam,
        i would like to know did you follow any pooja methods for fulfilling your wish or anything as directed by the temple authorities. I am staying close to this temple and i am currently not working and also a bachelor. kindly help me

• LAKSHMI MANJUNATH says:

Dear Brother,

I am working & sundays i used to go & pray & onl y faith on got is important & i not done any pooja & in my salary i used to help monthly 100 or 200 rs every month.

u will get job & u work hard & go temple you will get good result.

i visited only 11 sundays

10. vimal satyanarayanan says:

Hi dear friends & devottes

Moment I entered in the temple first time different vibration in my body and when have seen gangamma I am crying without any reason and words, I have realised gangamma is living in the temple. My brother and my marriage not settled so far. I was worried about my business loss but now really I have strong hope that in my life.

11. rakesh says:

hai really very good job i stay in rajrajeshwari nagar i got her blessing in my dream and now there is no problem atall it really works beliver her and say to everyone who is in problem she will really help for everyone thank u bye

12. DHANU says:

ONE SHOULD HAVE FAITH IN THEIR MOTHER, GOD,GURU, HERE EVERYTHING IS MOTHER GANGAMMA ONLY. IF YOU PRAY HER WITH FULL FAITH, YOUR WISHES COMES TRUE WITHIN NO TIME. I HAD THAT EXPERIENCE, WHEN I WAS JOBLESS, PRAYED THE MOTHER AND SHE GIVEN A MIRACULOUS RESULT ONCE I COME OUT OF THE TEMPLE. I AM BECAME THE PERMANENT DIETY OF MOTHER GANGAMMA,

JUST TO FULFIL YOUR WISHES DO NOT PRAY MOTHER. SHE KNOWS WHAT TO GIVE AND WHAT NOT. PRAY WITH WHOLE HEARTEDLY AND ENJOY PEACFUL LIFE FULFILLING ALL YOUR DREAMS.

JAI HO MOTHER GANGAMMA

13. Shiv Patil says:

Hello,
    This is Shiv Patil,
    I have a query that my father has seen some t.v show about a god in bangalore, and it was about doing a honey abhisheka to that perticular god for the students to get concentration for their studies, so my father is forcing me to go that temple and do the pooja over there, but he is not sure about the god which he has seen in the t.v, so can some one guide me which god it could be, and is there any perticular pooja for getting concentration for students to study.

• Hi Shiv,

I have written on the Gangamma Devi Temple in this post. I am not sure which God you are referring to. I have given route to the temple as well as the contact details. Kindly contact the temple authorities.

• Shiv Patil says:

Thanks Madam, Thanks for your reply.
        Ya, i have seen all detailed posts written here, m thinking visiting Gangamma Devi Temple and do pooja over there.

And thanks for every one here for such information.

14. sneha says:

can you plz tel me lingarajapuram gangamma devi temple address and phone no

15. Deepa says:

Shiv patil,
    That is hayagreeva swami temple,located in mejestic near mejestic bus stand bangalore.

16. parthiban says:

thanks for the blog and comments

17. krishna veni b kavyanjali b s pavankalyan b s says:

amma is looking very good

18. chandra shekar says:

nice photos..

19. sneha says:

It was a nice Temple

20. Bhavana says:

Hi, sneha can u plz tell me the address of lingarajapuram gangamma devi temple and phone number plz. Even i am search for job and for my marraige. Can u plz help me out

• Pranesh S V says:

2ND Cross, Kariyanapalya, Lingarajapuram. jst after fly over take left of about 1.5 kms.
      From Shivaji Nagar lot bus available to Lingarajapuram. Get down at Kariyanapalya, Lingarajapuram.

21. vijay says:

hi, this vijay , arvind we r the residencial of malleshwaram , who is staying from 4 generation in malleshwaram and v r happy to see this comments, that godess gagamma has help u from ur difficulties.which ever ur facing. and iam inveting u people (all devotees) for jatra which in the month of MAY 2012. three days of jatra. in malleshwaram, kodandaramapuram, ban-03 whole heartly.
    those r in need of marriage (especially girls) please attend this jatra on 2nd day definetly u people will get sollution for ur marriage problem.
    this is a juatra of milk abhisheka on 1st day evenging
    karaga mahosava.and kumba . night karaga 2nd evenging .(petthe karga)
    and rathosava in decorative huvina palakki and karaga in night (uura karaga) pls attend this function really u people will enjoy and get the blessing of goddess gagana (god of water)

• ambiga says:

Hi Vijay,
      I want to attend this jatra. Pls let me know on which day should i attend for marriage issue. Pls mention date and timing to attend this jatra..

• vijay & arvind says:

hello, ambiga this is arvind & vijay.thanks for ur comment .this month on 14th ,15th,& 16th is the jatra so pls attend on 15th thats on tuesday morng from 8″o clock definitely u will get solution for ur problem beleive in god. tell ur family & frndz also to attend

• seema says:

Hi vijay please give ur contact number

22. vijay says:

pls if any mistake in writing , v r sorry of that .thank u

23. preeti rao says:

hi,
    i want to know if intercaste marriage are performed i this temple.

24. ambi says:

Pls let me know on which day should i come to this temple for marriage issue. Pls mention date and timing

• natraj says:

gangammatemple pricidant no9844075445

• vijay says:

please attend gagamma jatra of this month thatz on 13,14,15 th of may,2013 bring your family and friendz

• vijay says:

hi, this is Vijay from Malleswaram. I am inveting you people for gagamma jatra 2014 on 12,13,14 that is on monday evening,Tuesday and on Wednesday 2014. Please bring your family and friendz for jatre and get the blessing of gagamma devi

Regards,
        Vijay

• Anil says:

When is the Karga what date is it?

25. vijay & arvind says:

hi, thz is vijay & arvind .ambica pls attend the 2nd day of these jatra thaz on 15 th may 2012 on tuesday .morng from 7am it starts.and defintly u will get solution for ur marriage.and attend the 3 days of jatra.on 14 th ,15th , & 16th of this may 2012

26. vijay & arvind says:

hello.ambica plz attend on 15th of this may morning from 8’o clock dont mis it.

27. vijay says:

all the devotees of gagamma devi attend thje jatra from 14 th, 15th, &16th for marriage problems attend on 15th on tueday from 8’o clock and also watch shankara channel

28. chetan kumar S.A says:

i need the ur contact no

29. brundha says:

my son is 2yrs 2months old but still not talking. he wont say bcomplete meaningful words. only he growl and pointout to the things. am having lots facing lots of personal problems in my family.

30. brundha says:

sorry i was little bit hurry. there is spelling mistake.

31. karthik savanth says:

im searching for gangamma devi’s original picture can any one pls upload picture of the goddesses gangamma devi

32. shekar says:

we dosen’t no manedevaru including our parenets, but my grand mother says it is harumale gangamma devi . i want to know that gangamma devi and harumale gangamma devi are one and the same and address of harumale gangamma devi temple.

33. choti says:

Hi, Please can anyone tell address of lingarajpuram gangamma devi temple address. Searching from so many days.

34. arun says:

hi vijay,
    i am staying close to malleshwaram, can you email me your contact number so that i can meet you. please waiting for your replies
    regards

35. arun says:

hi
    can anyone guide me to fulfill any desires like career, marriage or any other problems what is the kind of pooja to be performed can anyone provide me the contact number of person in the temple who can guide me for the above information.

On Sat in PUBLIC TV at around 10-10.45am there was program about this temple and the main person incharge of the temple Mr.NATRAJ was also there. A few devotees shared their experience after visiting this temple.

Can anyone give me more info about the TRISHUL that is there infront of the UTSAVA MOORTHI and piercing the lemon. Please let me know about the timings and the day that should be done and also if you have any info about it.

36. vijay says:

hi, this vijay , arvind we r the residencial of malleshwaram , and v r happy to see this comments, that godess gagamma has help u from ur difficulties.which ever ur facing. and iam inveting u people (all devotees) for jatra which in the month of MAY 2013. three days of jatra. in malleshwaram, kodandaramapuram, ban-03 whole heartly.
    this is a juatra of milk abhisheka on 1st day evenging
    karaga mahosava.and kumba . night karaga 2nd evenging .(petthe karga)

this time tha jatra will be held on 13 th, 14 th,15th of may 2013,

please attend the jatra bring your family and friends

Regards,
    Arvind
    Vijay

37. vijay says:

hi, this vijay , arvind we r the residencial of malleshwaram , and v r happy to see this comments, that godess gagamma has help u from ur difficulties.which ever ur facing. and we are inveting u people (all devotees) for jatra which in the month of MAY 2013.(13/14/15) of may 2013 three days of jatra. in malleshwaram, kodandaramapuram, ban-03 whole heartly.
    this is a juatra of milk abhisheka on 1st day evenging
    karaga mahosava.and kumba . night karaga 2nd evenging .(petthe karga)

38. madhumitha says:

I love mother goddess gangamma, one incident i wnt to hight light here, my daughter was admitted in hospital, she came on her and asked me panagam, ( little hibiscus juice,jaggery,and lemon), I gave her and she was happy, this goddess loves panagam specially with hibiscus flower, please offer for sumangalis on fridays and kanya girls and small girls. Goddess gangamma this is for you

39. Likitha says:

Hi All,

THhs is truly amazing I had seen a program on TV 9 and visited this temple with respect to my marriage and it was settled within a year of the pooja suggested in the Temple for unmarried people. This amma is really kind and too generous.

40. vijay says:

hi. am realy happy that you people are the devotee’s of gagamma let her give every one the happiness, joy and all the requirements.

41. Ambi says:

My husband and me are separated. My husband is totally under control of my my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. What pariharam should i do in this temple to reunite with my husband?

42. seema says:

hi parvati madam, can i have your contact number please . ? i have some queries. pls reply

43. SOMANATHA K , 9632033464 says:

in our house,costly mobile was stolen in a very strange way. Is that will be available by praying the Gangamma Devi ? if so let me provide the proof.

44. kumuda says:

Nice photos, please tell me the procedure as my sister is not yet married. I want to prey for gangamma would u help me

• vijay says:

hi, please come on 13th of may 2014 for jathre. you will come to know how many are facing the same issue. attend the pooja on this day.

45. Arun says:

Very informative and nice picutres :)

46. Arun Kumar says:

I also planning to construct a Temple for Gangai amman in Chennai…. want to know how to proceed for the construction and designing the temple….the space available is very less maximum 10 feet (length) (East to west) X 8 feet (north to south) only available.. can anyone provide details and wat wil be an approximate cost for construction…